GO Surf School teaches you the skills of surfing and how to handle yourself and your surfboard in the ocean while having a stack of fun along the way.
- 3 consecutive day program
- 2 hr lesson each day
- Port Fairy & Warrnambool
- 5-12 yrs.
- Warm wetsuit & soft beginner board
- Children Ages 5-12
*Our next Kids 3 Day Surf Program starts Fri Jan 22. Go to Kids Holiday Surf Program page to book!
Become a Surfer for Life with the SurfGrom Progam!
GO Surf School runs SurfGrom programs in Port Fairy and Warrnambool over the summer months.
SurfGroms is a fun-filled, learn-to-surf program that teaches kids the essentials of ocean awareness and safe surfing. We love our beach culture and these are essential lifelong skills for every child growing up around the beaches in Victoria.
We have had a fantastic response to the nudie SurfGrom program. Since its launch, thousands of children have experienced the thrill of surfing in Australia for the first time through nudie SurfGroms. Every participant receives their own nudie SurfGroms rash vest to take home.
There are five achievement levels so kids can keep coming back and have fun learning the skills that will give them the confidence to become a surfer for life. These surfing lessons for kids are the best in the area!
What Happens at Each Lesson
- Roll up at the beach at start time in you swimwear.
- Your SurfGroms coaches will be introduced and get you sorted with a wetsuit and board.
- We start with some beach-based technique and surf safety info. We are big on getting it right on the beach and getting you ready to hit the waves.
- You then hit the waves in waist- to chest-deep water.
- We will surf as much as possible but also mix it up with some surf specific beach games and activities, ocean safety, surf skills, and work on logbooks throughout the program.
- Surf coaches will help get you up and riding by pushing you into a few waves, giving feedback on your technique, keeping an eye on your safety, encouraging you and maximising your fun.
- Surfers will leave the water approximately 15mins prior to the end of the lesson.
- A feedback session with goals for the next lesson will be done before getting changed.
- At the final session, we will tick off completed skills and knowledge in your logbook and award other spot prizes.
- Surfboard – we have a range of softboards to suit your size and ability.
- Wetsuit – Full-length warm wetsuits from a leading surf company are supplied, we have all sizes available.
- SurfGroms Rashvest
- Sunscreen – If you forgot yours.
- Professional instruction from our qualified, well trained and enthusiastic surf coaches
Every child registered for a nudie SurfGroms program will a SurfGroms rashvest. These are handed out on day one of your SurfGrom program.
Book online! For more information call Fiona Hampson, GO Surf School 0408 310 001 or email us on [email protected]
In accordance with current advice, Go Surf will ensure staff and participants exercise an extra high standard of cleanliness and personal hygiene and limit personal contact. All equipment is thoroughly disinfected between lessons. Your health is our number one priority.
Refunds- any Go Surf bookings that are cancelled due to COVID-19 government regulations and can not be rescheduled will receive a full refund.