Port Fairy’s beautiful protected East Beach is the perfect place to learn the basics of stand-up paddleboarding, the fastest-growing new watersport!
Beginner Surf Lesson
We’ll get you up and ripping! Become a surfer for life!
- Ages 5+. All ability levels are welcome.
- Port Fairy & Warrnambool
- Warm wetsuits & soft beginner boards
Learn to Surf
We run surfing lessons in Port Fairy and Warrnambool all summer holidays and any other time of the year for groups of six-plus. All ages and abilities are welcome in our surf lessons. Bookings are essential.
- Best learn to surf beaches in Victoria
- Taught by friendly, hand-picked local and qualified surf coaches
- Covers all the basics: from warm-up, to paddling, to catching waves and standing
- Includes important surf and safety rules
- Relaxed, supportive vibe
- Professional and well organised
- Massive fun
GO Surf School will teach you the skills of surfing and how to handle yourself and your surfboard in the ocean, while having a stack of fun along the way. Beginner and Intermediate surfers will also learn how to assess surf conditions and identify potential risks. We provide coaching to all ages and levels of surfing ability. Our instructors are there to help you learn to surf and provide advice on all questions related to surfing. We hope that you’ll love surfing as much as we do. We’ll get you up and riding in no time!
What to expect
- Roll up at the beach at your start time with your swimwear on.
- Your coach will introduce themselves and gets you sorted with a wetsuit and board.
- You will start with some beach-based technique and surf safety info. We are big on getting it right on the beach and getting you ready to hit the waves.
- You then hit the surf in waist deep water and waves suitable for your ability.
- Surf coaches will help get you up and riding by pushing you into a few waves, giving feedback on your technique, keeping an eye on your safety, encouraging you and maximising your fun.
- Surfers will leave the water approximately 15mins prior to the end of the lesson.
- A feedback session with goals for your next surf lesson is done before getting changed.
Meet at McGennans Carpark, off Pertobe Road, just past the SLSC and kiosk.
Port Fairy Location
Summer School Holidays (27 Dec-End Jan):
Meet on grassed carpark area corner of Ritchie St., Beach St. and Hanley Crt.
Rest of the Year:
Meet at the toilet block on Beach Street (just past SLSC), East Beach.
What is provided
All equipment is provided, including surfboards suited to your abilities. Our equipment is the best available on the market and produced specifically for surf schools. We use soft, stable boards that are easy to balance, paddle, stand, and surf on for intermediate and beginner surfers. Quality Rip Curl and Quiksilver wetsuits keep you warm and coloured GO Surf School rash vests easily identify you in the water.
What to bring
Surfers need to wear a swimsuit or boardies and bring a towel and lots of sunscreen. Don’t forget a camera to document the fun you will have with your GO Surf surf lesson!
In accordance with current advice, Go Surf will ensure staff and participants exercise an extra high standard of cleanliness and personal hygiene and limit personal contact. All equipment is thoroughly disinfected between lessons. Your health is our number one priority.